Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting Paid for Being Immoral

Just thought I'd share this story with you all to get your opinions on whether or not I should take action:


Okay, so I was at work today and the day was going by PAINFULLY slow until about around 12:40 or so a mentallly challenged woman comes in and starts looking around the store. She was a total sweetheart, she kept my co-workers and I busy for a good while and we explained to her a little of how we run the store (simply bc she had so many questions and let's face it..nobody was shopping today.)

Around 2, we noticed she was still there, so we asked her how exactly she got all the way to the store. She replied "My girl brought me" [Meaning the person who was hired to look after her] "Who's your girl, sweetheart" "Her name is Amber" "Oh okay, well where's Amber at, babe?" "She's going to do my laundry...she's helping me do my laundry bc when I do it, my back always hurts really bad." Then she goes on to tell us that she has no way of contacting Amber just in case because "Amber has a cellphone but I don't." She walked around the store a little longer, we gave her a place to sit and let her watch us rearrange the store, explaining where everything goes, why it goes there and so forth...still no sign of "Amber."

At this point, it's 6:45...the woman was STILL in the store, and we can tell she was getting restless [who wouldn't after waiting on someone for damn there 7 HOURS?!] Finally a car pulls up to the store and beeps, the woman recognizes Amber's car [by the way, the bxtch was too lazy to even get out and come into the store for her], we say goodbye to our friend, and they drive away.


Here's what seriously bothers me about this situation, WHY is this woman getting paid to NOT do her job. Especially when she deserted her mentally challenged client. Don't get me wrong, she was highly functioning, but that's not the point. Amber basically did whatever the fxck she felt like doing all day while WE [my staff and I] did what SHE's getting paid for, which isn't right for so many reasons.What if something had happened to this woman while Amber was off getting her hair and nails done. What if she had decided to go somewhere else besides our store and got lost? 

And sadly, this isn't the first time I've seem someone take advantage of their mentally challenged client. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen workers buy themselves clothes with their clients money and try to justify it.So what do you guys think, should I find out a way to report "Amber" and others like her for their selfish and immoral behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment